Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sneaks Up on Me

I feel like all I ever talk about on here is how much I miss my kid during the days.  And maybe it's just the timing of when I get to blog...who knows...  But it snuck up on me this morning.  I had a class on Data Segments today, seriously fascinating stuff - and no, I'm not being sarcastic - it was a super awesome phenomenal class, but right before it started I'm just sitting there thinking that I wish I was home with William so we could do nothing.  Well, not exactly nothing, run a couple errands, dilly dally around town, and maybe squeeze in a fun trip to Chill.  And then, for a brief moment, I was sad.  Just a touch, not much...but yeah.

Sam thinks he's forbidding this outfit because people at the Doctor's office kept calling him a "she" - it's not going to work...
Those are firemen in the smocking and I can only dress him without his opinion for so much time...


A perk of not being home is that he is genuinely ecstatic to see me at 5:45 when I pick him up.  Drops everything and comes running as fast as his short little legs will let him and gives me the BIGGEST hug ever.  The absolute best part of my day.  By far.  Oh - and his face lights up with a humongo smile too.  Can't beat that feeling.  With anything.  Not even milk duds.  Which, by the way, I am 100% obsessed with.  It's not healthy.  And I don't care.

Happy Happy Boy - ready for the Georgia - Auburn game


His teachers have him sitting in a chair at a table to eat breakfast, lunch, and snacks at and so he has been trying to sit on EVERYTHING.  Daddy's leg, his farm animal bus toy, the lawnmower, everything.  So Sam built him a a set all his own and we finally got it painted this weekend.  In the picture below - we hadn't gotten the legs done yet, but they are green.  I love it.  Sam is so good.  So happy that he's all mine ours.  And William loves it.  We still haven't completely mastered getting him to remain seated during an entire meal but we're getting there.  And my Daddy is building him one for their house - so he'll have somewhere to sit for Thanksgiving dinner - oh so cute.

Chasing bubbles and super excited about it!


William is developing slightly obsessive tendencies like his parents...slight - ha - no, we're totally obsessive...  But when pepito picks something that he wants - that's all he wants.  Even if it's an empty red gas can or a meat thermometer.  Don't you dare try to tear him away from it.  Not going to work.  Sam smoked a Boston Butt on Sunday and it was so pretty that William and I joined him outside for an hour or so and all William wanted to do was drag the gas can to the trash cans and eat rocks.  Not productive.  Funny but not ok.  Then he decided that the meat thermometer was his toy of choice - nevermind that it's kinda sharp on one end - so Sam spent a good amount time putting the cover back on every three seconds.

Touchdown!!!  He actually just does this randomly but we're trying to teach him...


Everyone seems to be asking about how the house selling is going.  The answer: it's not.  No one has come to see the house in I don't know how long, and honestly, that's fine with me right now.  It stays in a constant state of disaster, even when it is clean - it only stays that way for a matter of hours - and I just don't care.  There are several houses that we find intriguing but we're trying very hard not to get attached or excited about any one of them because that's when we do a poor job of making money on house selling.  Not that we're trying to make a lot, but y'know how it is...  And now we're into the holidays and the chances of anyone wanting to move at Christmas is slim to none.  I mean, we did the year we got married, but we've already established how house crazy and obsessive we are, so it should be no surprise.

Isn't my hubs awesome?!  Look at that chair!


I've been a busy busy bee sewing appliqued tshirts for friends, and friends of friends.  Which is awesome because it's how we keep juice in the house.  Seriously - the kid's juice habit might need an intervention soon.  Not even kidding... teehee  So keep the orders coming guys!!  Shameless plug - $10 an applique, large selection of fabrics and designs, you provide the shirt or I will buy one at Old Navy for $6 and you can pay me back.  Ok - that's over.  But seriously, contact me, my kid needs his juice.

I let him play in the rocks just long enough to get a picture

At some point either during the last part of the week or early in the weekend Sam suggested breaking out William's easel that we had actually purchased in preparation for fostering children a billion years ago.  I couldn't find the chalk so I gave him a yellow dry erase marker and he had a blast.  Only problem - he wanted to run around the house with the open marker.  I hate to be THAT mom, but I'm so not cool with color that I didn't choose on the wall.  Just saying.  So Sunday we bought him the special Crayola markers that are invisible unless on the special paper.  Surprisingly it wasn't even that expensive.  Now, of course we broke it out as soon as we got to B&B's house and he wanted nothing to do with it - there was exploring outside to be done - but I'm thinking good thoughts and we'll try again this weekend.  It's really cool stuff - here's hoping that the invisible ink doesn't work on plaster!!  And they make a finger paint version of the special invisible stuff....there might be another trip to Target in the near future...

He dropped the unopened can and then let it hiss and spray all over him.  We didn't notice immediately...

William is occasionally saying new words haphazardly.  He doesn't same them often, but we've heard the words bubble, shoes, sock, and grass.  I know there were others, but I can't remember them now.  Maybe Sam will later for me...  And if you ask him where his hair is - he points to his head.  And today he said Mama and pointed to me.  So sweet....heart melt....  And then during his bath tonight, he stood up and very clearly asked for his Dadee.  We may not have many words or any intelligent sentences but he's cuter than any other kid so we still win.  Just saying.  :)

Cutest.


Loves.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails