Saturday, September 11, 2010

Our Little Monster...or maybe Darth Vader..

Either way - William's new favorite thing to do is growl.  Most of the things he "says" are in his growly, raspy, evil little boy voice.  It's absolutely hilarious.  I need to take a video.  You'll die he's so cute.  I'm not sure where he learned it, maybe from Robbie, but now he does it unprovoked and I think poor little 3 year old Robbie doesn't know what to make of the pint sized monster going all Darth Vader on him.    It's super cute though, William is starting to cry and scream when I leave him now (or when anyone he has deemed "his people" leave, which includes Hadley's husband and the cable guy that was at her house the other but whatever) and Robbie will go give him a hug and tell him that Mar Mar (me) will be back soon.  Hadley says it's the most adorable thing ever.  Kids are so cute.

The halloween costume came in this week, and I'm not ruining the fun, but William is terrified of it.  Won't go near it.  This will be interesting in a month and a half and he has to put it on.  Oh no.

I don't know if I mentioned this before - but he is on a schedule and it's lovely.  9am nap and 2pm nap.  I feel tethered to the house and find it very difficult to get anything done errand wise since we like to be home for lunch when Sam comes home and then also at 5 when he gets off work.  But it's nice to know what to expect even if I can't run to JoAnn's and Target whenever I want.  haha.  I'm sure our bank account thanks William for that.

Went to the big consignment sale on Tuesday, got to go shop early because I'm working a volunteer shift, and was able to get the little man some super cute smocked outfits for Christmas for practically nothing.  Well, not really, but MUCH cheaper than anything in true retail.  Like 1/3 the cost.  Love it.  Also got him some cute new overalls, because you can never have too many, and some other things - oh yeah - 24 month random smocked outfits, jon-jons, and an adorable fleece jacket.  I seriously can't believe I paid $15 for that jacket at a CONSIGNMENT sale but it was seriously one of the cutest things I've ever seen.  He's going to be so styling.  I also get in to the 50% sale early before it closes, so maybe we'll get lucky again, though I'm expecting that there will be hardly anything left.  But I wasn't interested in digging before so maybe that'll be a good thing.  It'll be bare and I'll be able to see everything easily.  haha  We'll see.

William gives the best hugs after his morning nap.  He almost always wakes up in the greatest mood and then when I pick him up he wraps his arms around my neck and holds on for dear life and babbles the cutest little words.  It's so sweet.  I'm going to really miss that if I ever become gainfully employed again.  And random hugs, he does though a lot.  He's really becoming a sweet little boy.  I hope it sticks.  I caught a minute of the movie Where the Wild Things Are and if he turns out to be like that little boy - I might die.  Granted I only 30 seconds but it was not a good 30 seconds.  Terrifying.

I find myself staring at him more in absolute awe.  It might be because I think I'm pretty close to getting a job, but I'm trying not to get too excited...too late right.  ha.  But seriously - there are these moments when he's playing that I'm so proud that he's my kid.  And it amazes me that I grew him.  That's just insane to me.  Absolutely crazy and I can't wait to find out what kind of bigger boy he's going to be, but I kinda want him to stay little at the same time.  Anyhow.

Oh and he loves peaches.  Almost as much as he loves cheese.

Loves.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails