Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Always Playing Catch-Up

This whole new "working mommy" is really taking its toll.  I am never on top of anything.  Seriously, it's bad when my Dad calls and one of the first things he says is "you know you haven't updated One Little Rumer since October 17."  Yeah - that bad.  The house is a mess, an absolute disaster is being generous, I haven't blogged in almost a month, I don't have time for friends, I can't remember the last time I went grocery shopping, I'm sewing like a mad woman in what little spare time I do have so we can have money to feed the kid (yeah - somehow with two paychecks it's still not enough - thank you humongo daycare bill), and date night? What is that?

Our family day at Callaway - playing with cars

The worst part, the part I'm having the hardest part dealing with, is that I only get to see William for an hour an half each day.  Now I know that I spent a good bit of time complaining about how I hated being stuck at home and all I wanted was a job, but I really took for granted all that time with him.  Even if he was frustrating and into everything, I never MISSED him.  And now, I find myself resenting it if I have obligations on the weekend that take me away from him.  So - I'm making a new rule that unless I am EXTREMELY passionate about something - no more volunteer work/duties/activities on the weekend.  I miss my kid too much to be stuck doing things for other people that I don't care about.  Just saying.

he loves his Daddy



So that's that.  Take it or leave it.  I'm sorry if this means I won't be helping you on something.  Really I am.  But still.  Just saying.

At the Pumpkin Farm

In other news, William is officially a fan of school.  Sam has not reported any crying in over a week and actually pepito has been jumping out of his arms to go play.  This does not mean that he doesn't play possum and act super sweet with his head on my shoulder when I pick him up in the afternoon, but I secretly love that.  Ms. Pat is his favorite and I think she's always just a little disappointed when I show up because they have such a great bond.  He's Ms. Pat's boy.  So sweet.  I'm glad that he loves his teachers and they are teaching him things we have NEVER been able to.  HE SITS IN A CHAIR AT A TABLE TO EAT!!  So Sam built him one just his size this weekend.  Thank God for my husband and his skills.  Love him.

sitting with the HUGE pumpkins

I'm going to be jumping a lot, I've got a month to fit into one post...sorry.  And a LOT of pictures.  Hope you enjoy them!! ha!

He was ready for pajama day at school - then he played with his pumpkin
 

 William is everywhere.  Which of course is to be expected.  But wow.  And no fear.  Whatsoever.  He melted down the other day when I wouldn't let him play in the road.  Silly mommy.  And he almost walked off a slide at the park today.  But, I'd rather have a kid with no fear and have to occasionally pull him back then to have him glued to my leg constantly scared of the world.  And he's the sweetest boy.  He literally hugged a little boy at the park today until he cried.  It was so sweet.  I felt a little bad that the little boy (Caleb - we don't know him...) was crying but you can't exactly scold your kid for hugging.  Plus, Caleb's momma thought it was sweet and was surprised to hear that he does it to everyone.  The only problem is at some point the hugging kinda looks like pushing but 100% not aggressive...  There will have to be a serious Stranger Danger discussion in the future.

and "helped" us carve the big one

He has named him monkey that our preacher Buddy brought him the day he was born - Bobo.  Sam says it isn't a good name for a monkey, but I had a dog when I was little named Bobo so I'm fine with it.  Plus, it's the first thing he named himself.  And he calls Hilbert (the blue elephant) Hilbo.  I swear, if any word has a B in it - he can say it.  Everything else - yeah - not happening... yet.

Trick or Treating with Henry & Robbie

I just discovered a tooth in the back of his mouth that must've just come in.  Which would explain the 102 degree fever the daycare found on Monday and sent him home.  It would also explain why the fever went away within a couple hours.  Per policy, we still had to keep him out 24 hours, so Sam was home with him today because I had class.  And quote, keeping up with William "is exhausting and boring all at the same time.  I don't know how you did it."  Ah - validation.  So sweet.  Not that Sam never believed me that it was hard but it's completely different for him to understand.  Just saying.

Cutest Grizzly Bear EVER, but I'm bias ;)

Work is going really well.  I have awesome peeps at work and the other new girl, Brittney, has a son, Henry, 1.5 months older than William and they were in the same daycare class until this week.  Apparently Henry hit his milestones and gets to move up to the toddler room - which is way bigger and more room to run around in.  I'm just enjoying that my kid is sleeping in a cot and eating his meals, even if it doesn't involve utilizing utensils. He'll move up eventually and then they will be reunited - I hope.  I'm going to lobby for it anyway.

Getting a BIG belly and acting silly in his bear feet

He has become a bit of a picky eater at home though.  Every night we go through several types of food trying to figure out what he will actually stick in his mouth and swallow.  Neverending.  He loves fruit - so we can always bank on that, but the other night he wouldn't even eat cheese.  He LOOVVVEESS cheese.  Oh well. OOH - and last week we had to send him to bed only having eaten goldfish - yeah - that was a great night.  Enter copious amounts of sarcasm....  Though, I was (probably still am a little) a picky eater - so no surprise that my kid would follow suit.  When he's older though, he'll have to eat what's on his plate or sit there until he does.  Nothing better than cold brussel sprouts.  Yep - I had to do that one..not fun.

almost forget these....  This is when William's & Henry's hats came off and they discovered that they knew each other.  They were both SO excited and just kept waving their arms at each other saying Dee Dee Dee - cutest thing we've ever seen!!



So - yeah - he's pretty much adorable.  I'll try to not have to do these major catch-ups anymore, but no promises.  Life is kinda out of control at the moment.  But when is it not?!!! haha.

Loves.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails