Sunday, March 13, 2011

Where oh where did my sweet Nikon go?

Our camera is broken.  I have no idea what has happened but it will no longer autofocus and with a kid as busy as William - we might as well throw the camera against a wall then try and manually focus a picture.  Just saying. So there will be no more cute pictures of a silly boy until we figure out where/how to get it fixed.  I could cry.. but then I realize that it's silly and there are literally tens of thousands of pictures of William... Still.

I was smart this week - I wrote down a list of cute things to blog about.  Now if I can remember what my random short hand notes me - I'll really be in business.

Last Sunday we finally found ourselves having to put William in timeout.  He just wouldn't listen or follow instructions and he had the devilish grin like he knew what we were saying - he just didn't care.  So after the gazillionith time of telling not to climb on something (I actually can't remember what his first offense was - but there is a 70% chance that he was climbing on a table) - I had had enough of saying No No and off he went to timeout.  Which is really just the spot on the floor in the dining room underneath the window.  Yeah, we're real official over here... ha!  If we had a chair - he would just move it - so then it would become a play chair and not the timeout chair and he'd be sitting on the floor anyhow.  Ok - back to the point.  He actually accepted that he was in timeout and sat there until we said.  I was really impressed.   I don't think they do time out at school, so I don't know where he learned it, but I accept all kudos anyway.  Then after about 30 -60 seconds - I told him he could get up, go tell Daddy he was sorry and give him a hug.  And he did.  Well, I don't think he said "sorry" but I'm sure he jabbered something while hugging Sam's leg.  There were timeouts every night for a couple of days and then I'm hoping that he stopped behaving badly and not that we are inconsistent... I can't remember that either.  Oops.

In other big news - the kid who eats nothing but fruit - not only ate his dinner all week, but also ate broccoli and zucchini!  I don't remember the last time I was so proud.  Seriously.  I must have very low standards because I was grinning ear to ear.  It's funny though, because William only likes the fuzzy ends of the broccoli and when I was a kid, I only liked the stems... Maybe it's only funny to me... But who cares - it was green AND a vegetable AND he swallowed it.  Repeatedly.  So exciting!!  We still "cheese" and "more" way too often before dinner, but he can have whatever he wants if he'll eat his dinner.  With utensils.  Yep - he's getting to be very accomplished with a fork and spoon.  Sweet little boy thinks he's a big boy.  He might be already - maybe I haven't noticed... ?

I found out on Monday that my husband, who I have known for almost 8 years now, does not like cherry filled pastries.  It's his least favorite flavor.  How in the world did I not know this?!!  Of course, I found out when I brought home cherry turn overs after the Junior League meeting.  I mean, they weren't so terrible that he didn't eat his half, but I was more than willing to eat his too if he was going to flat refuse.. haha.  Food doesn't go wasted in this house.  Especially if it's sweet.

This week marked William's first full week in the Toddler Room.  And, I have to say, he did pretty well.  He must've slept extra late on Monday, because I ended up taking him to school.  And that was an adventure.  It's not exactly our routine that I have to get ready alongside William - so that was a miracle that we were both clean and dressed just in time to get him to school and me to work and no one would be late.  That is, until, I pick him up and he's got stinky pants.  Only my kids poops at exactly 8am every morning.  (I truly have no idea if he is that clockwork, but whatever)  I put everything back down, take his shoes off, take his pants off, change his lovely smelling diaper, put everything back on.... and he is refusing to go anywhere without his Penguin pillow pet (I still haven't figured out a good name - I like Pogo - but my in-laws have a possum named pogo...anyhow)  I give in - he can take it in the car.  And he has a paci in his mouth.  I cede that one too.  Figure we will leave both of them in the car when we get to school.  William had other ideas.  I was able to get the paci out of his mouth relatively easily, but the Penguin was going with him.  He walked in like a big boy.  A big boy carrying a very large Penguin.  And then, when we got to his classroom he wouldn't let me put it in his cubby.  The kid is seriously attached.  I ended up getting him to sit at the table to eat  breakfast by letting his Penguin sit right next to him.  That's not actually too strange, because he's been wanting to eat meals with Bobo or Hilbert sitting with him, but those are much smaller animals.  Much smaller.  They fit in the chair with William smaller... just saying.  The teacher let it go though - so I guess she was afraid of seeing a true meltdown if she didn't give in as well.  Either way - I left and he was happy.  And then I there was no more crying the rest of the week in the morning.  I think he cried once or twice when he saw Ms. Pat, but that stopped by the end of the week too.  I think it helps that his best friend is in the class.

OH!!  He had pink eye this week.  And I had no idea - but it's not really that big of a deal.  Atleast if it's the viral kind... it's basically just a runny nose coming out of your eye.  Strange.  Paid $25 to learn that from Pediatric Acute Care, but I was happy for the note that said he could go back to school.  And he had a double ear infection too.  William doesn't tell us anymore if his ears hurt - so I'm not sure how I'm supposed to know... we just always end up at the doctor's anyhow.  Snotty eyes will do that.  And thankfully the pink eye didn't really stick around.  He was crusty in the morning when he woke up and we had a 'great' time getting dried boogers out of his eyelashes but then he did have any more ooze the rest of the day.  Because I'm sure I would've gotten a phone call if he had.  Gotta love it when schools freak out.

The rest of the week was pretty calm.  And this weekend was lovely.  I had William all to myself Saturday morning because Sam had a conversion and then had to do some work at his Dad's office.  Then, at 3 (actually 3:30....) BeBe picked up William to go stay the night at their house.  So - I sewed and sewed.  I made William's Easter outfit during his nap - still has to get monogrammed - and then I sewed another john john out of blue seersucker/ticking/super lightweight cotton whatever it is fabric with a blue whale appliqued on the front.  A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.  Seriously - I'm in love.  Then I went super crazy and made one today (since it was Sam's turn to watch the kid for hours on end by himself) out of yellow corduroy with a car appliqued on the front AND it has car buttons on the shoulders.  I die it's so cute.  Too bad the camera's broken... :(  And the best part is that they are fully lined too.  So no stringys.  Love it.  Now if the gingham seersucker would just go on sale at Hancock's I would be elated.  Kid is going to be super well-dressed this spring/summer.

On a pregnancy front, I'm still getting sick.  But I think it is officially related to icecream.  So - bye bye icecream.  Still trying to figure out what to replace it with though.  Chocolate chip cookies did a pretty good job yesterday, and cheesecake is making a run for the spot today, but the jury is still out.  I need something that comes in a gallon container for $5... Any ideas? ha!  And I swear I'm getting huge.  Though I think it might be mostly in my head.  But, I thought it enough to have the fleeting idea to go running tonight, but then I started writing this blog, and just kept going... I think my brain doesn't want to go running so it's making you listen to a bunch of my random thoughts... I don't know.  Just a guess.  And it probably wouldn't be such a hot idea to run since I get seriously winded walking up steps.  I did learn today, off of Sam's Baby App on his iPhone, that I am winded so easily because of the increase in blood volume or flow or something.  Whatever. Seems strange that more blood makes it harder to breathe - but that's what the app says - and apps don't lie. And the baby is the size of a lemon.  But they also think that a lemon is bigger than a peach.  I guess only when lemons are grown with steroids in the ground.... Just saying.  I think peaches are bigger - but maybe Georgia DOES put peach 'roids in the soil so we'll have the biggest and best peaches.  Can't have the Peach State putting out tiny peaches.  That's bad for business.

Officially moving on.  Sorry there aren't any pictures - but you're just going to have to get used to that because fixing cameras takes money and my kid drinks a lot of apple juice.  Sorry...


No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails