Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Sick Days

I think I mentioned it earlier, but William was sick four out of five days last week.  10am on Tuesday I got the always fun phone call from Infant 5 that William had a fever.  Surprise.  I think he might always have one...but I left work anyway and picked him up.  We went to Wal-Mart to get meds (how we ran out of Children's Tylenol I'll never know...), Pedialyte, and then I always remembered how my mom made treats when we were sick.  Usually it was red knox blox - but I don't know how to make those - so I got muffin and brownie mix.


Then, just to make 100% sure that I was the super cool mom, I let William help make the brownies after his nap.  That pretty much goes against my pretend need to keep things clean but I thought he'd have fun.  And he did.  A lot of fun.  And then he threw a tantrum when I had to take the bowl away to put the mix into the mini-muffin pans.  (Two bite brownies...yum yum)


We thought he'd got back to school at lunch on Wednesday.  He was acting super pitiful all morning, but wasn't running a fever, and I ended up letting him go down for a nap around 10:30.  (After I completed my weekly 10am conference call with the client with him on laying on my shoulder while I stood at the computer with the cell phone to my ear - yep - still supermom over here... teehee)  Anyhow - he slept until about 12:30ish - and I guess I had already decided that he needed to stay home the afternoon too and I would just work from home.  I know I wasn't in work clothes at this point - so I'm going to stick to that story.  Well, at 1:00 - he threw up.  All over the kitchen.  Over and over.  It was so pitiful.  And there was nothing I could do but rub his back and try to aim him mostly to the floor and not on his clothes/shoes.  (all of which were immediately stripped and put in the washer)


He went immediately to the bathtub and I'm not sure he even realized he was sick.  Silly monkey.  And that's how the rest of the week went.  Just when we thought he was getting better he would throw up or have diarrhea.  We kept him home Friday for that specific reason - I was sure that the minute he walked into school he would throw up on one of the little girls in his class - and we'd be THOSE terrible parents....


So - I think we're all caught up.  The weekend was pretty low key.  I took a nap, William took a nap, and Sam slept in Sunday morning because he took Nyquil at 6am.  My hubs is brilliant.  But he did a lot of yardwork so I'll forgive him.

Loves.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails