Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Patrick By Numbers: 9

Patrick is becoming a big boy... or well... a big baby.  Seriously - this kid is large and in charge.  Well, he could always be chubbier (and that would make me oh so happy - LOVE chubby baby thighs) but he really is quite perfect just the way he is.  But he's growing much too fast.  9 months old already!?!  Say it isn't so!!


*Weighs 20 lbs 2 oz - 28 inches tall - Sitting happy at 50th percentile for both

*Is a regular speed demon when he sets his ind to it.  One knee on the floor, one foot on the floor and he is off.


*Can cruise around tables and move between furniture if his arms can reach.

*Is already starting to try and climb.  His first success - William's chair.  William didn't like it.

*Loves fruit.  Any and all fruit.

*Does not like turkey from  Gerber.  I can't really blame him.  I barely like real turkey.  I'm a big fan of ham myself.


*LOVES the beach.  He had no problem playing in the sand or the water at Robin Lake at Callaway.  He might be the only beach bum in our family.

*Bedtime is usually right after 7pm.  Sometimes he gets all crazy and stays up late refusing to go down, but not too often.

*Still nurses all night long.  And only commits to going to sleep for real if he's sleeping with me.  In his crib, sleep only lasts maybe an hour at best usually.  Though, he only sleeps for two hours at a time with me - so it's not a huge improvement.


*Is officially experience separation anxiety.  He has a death grip on me in the mornings at school and he cries when he sees me in another room of the house.  While I don't appreciate the crying, I do appreciate that maybe he will love me more than Daddy.  William certainly didn't the get the "Momma Boy" memo.

*Loves to hold hands and walk.  It's kinda difficult sometimes to get him to bend at the hip and sit down he loves it so much.  He's strong too!!

*Is ticklish all over.  We love to make him smile and giggle, so he gets tickled a lot.

*Loves to play "I'm going to get you" - probably because he gets tickled at the end.


*Has conversations with William.  I'm sure that they know exactly what they are talking about.  Sam and I have no clue, but it involves lots of "da ba ga" sounds.

*Sam thinks he has said "DaDa" to him.  I'm not so sure.  I think what he actually heard was Patrick saying "da   da" while Sam was in the vicinity.  Not quite the same... ha!

*Loves Puffs and he is very happy that he can now efficiently get them from table to hand to mouth now.

*He has such a personality and loves to entertain.  His funniest trick right now is shaking his head side to side and then grinning really wide.  It doesn't sound like much but it is so cute and funny.

*His eyes light up when he smiles.  No - his whole face lights up when he smiles.

Loves.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails