Sunday, June 10, 2012

To my Daddy

Today is your birthday.  And I probably should have told you all of these things before, and I probably ought to tell you all these things to your face, but we aren't sappy kind of people...  We like to laugh together, and play, and talk about random things.  I have always liked when you teach me something.  You've been doing that my whole life.  You taught me how to swim, how to ride a bike, how to hammer a nail, how to be a goalie, how to make biscuits & waffles and the list goes on.  You taught me how to be a good parent. You were patient and I can't remember you raising your voice ever, even during those "awesome" years I put you through.  You taught me how to discipline without force and to love without bounds.  You taught me how to create stability in my home.  You always told me I was smart and could do anything I wanted.  I know that I can always count on you.  Even when it's difficult to ask.  I will always think of you when Indiana Jones is on, when I see a little girl with french braids, and hear the song "Hit the Road Jack".   I want to take my boys on adventures like we went on - rafting the river, camping in the woods, 10 hour car rides to an island in Florida, sleepovers in the treehouse, bike rides in the azaleas.  You are a good daddy.  My favorite.  I hope you have a wonderful birthday - you deserve it and more.  I love you.  THHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSS Much.



Love - Meg

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails