Monday, October 22, 2012

Still October?

So this is going to be hard.  I'm sure there is no way to accurately recap the past 14 days since the last blog post.  Daddy - I'm sorry.  :)

Chef Boyardee might have won this one....  Bring on the bath!

William is the coolest kid.  I mean, seriously.  I am in absolute awe of what he is learning and saying.  He told us yesterday at breakfast there was a letter M and a little R (for McDonalds and the trademark).  Are you kidding me?!  I watch him just being himself and can't help but think how completely blessed we are.  He is such a cool kid.  Just neat. And wonderful.  Perfectly sweet and loving most of the time.  And oh so confident and independent.  

no such thing as a 'two' bite brownie in our house... haha!

Patrick is starting to walk into school, instead of always insisting on being carried.  He likes to chase William in.  Which usually means he then also turns around to try and go into William's room.  And he is getting good at working up some speed.  He doesn't have quite the fast switch that William has (and has never turned off) but there's a couple times in 4" heels that I've had to work to catch him.  Sneaky little boy.  He knows what he's doing too.  He's the one we're going to have to watch.  Boogsie.

He saw me pumping and wanted a turn...  Nutty little boy

He is transitioning into his "big boy" classroom this week.  I am in mourning.  I'll miss his teachers.  They are amazing and it's really just not fair that they have to stay with the itty bitty infants.  I think they would make excellent toddler teachers.  But no one asked me.  I am continuing to send breast milk in sippy cups as long as supply holds out.  Though, I started working at the campus last week, and it is significantly more difficult to grab time to pump while in training for 8 hours a day.  I am doing good to get in two sessions, and today only managed one.  We've downgraded to only sending two cups though, and I'm not stressing if they aren't exactly 5 oz...  We'll see how it works.  I've nearly been pumping at work for a solid year... ick.  I kinda hate pumping.  But can't stand the thought of losing my supply and really do want him to have the BMilk as long as possible at school.  So, I'll try and hang in there...  Who knows.  

silly monkey :)

We have started trying to convince Patrick to night wean and the first night was awful.  The "rules" are (for the first couple days anyhow) that he can nurse as much as he likes up until 11pm and fall asleep while doing so.  After that, if he wakes up and can't be soothed by snuggling, paci, etc. - he can nurse but not fall asleep at the boob.  This is where he got really upset.  The first time, he cried for two hours in our arms.  Slept for an hour, woke, nursed, cried for 1 hour.  I think that might have repeated...not sure... but that general idea until 6am - then he can nurse as much as he wants again.  I fudge the time a little.. if he wakes up to nurse at 5:30, I'm not going to bother trying to keep him awake... he's usually awake for the day and I'll just let him have a full meal.  Our plan got a little off track with some super fun weekend plans that I'll get to - but hopefully we will have him night weaned soon, sleeping through the night soon, in his crib and then off to William's room by the next year.  Cross your fingers!!

yeah, instead of taking away the applesauce, I got the camera.  
it only got worse from there.... LOL

So........ this past weekend, Sam's sister Laura got married!!!!  We love her new husband - Kurt is great.  And he likes our kids and can handle the older tornado just fine.  They are absolutely adorable together and at the rehearsal dinner on Friday night, I couldn't help but keep saying how infectiously happy they were.  That seeing the love and joy they had jolted me out of the day to day diapers, dishes, and bedtimes, and reminded me how much in love Sam and I were when we got married.  It's so easy to lose sight of that and it was refreshing (and so needed) to be reminded .  Of course, I missed seeing the actual vows during the ceremony because the tornados weren't behaving.  Patrick wanted in on the marriage and tried to join them at the front, and William wanted to play drums with pencils on the pew and throw around all the prayer envelopes.  God help me.  I think Sam was about to lose it on William... So I grabbed them both, because atleast Laura's brother was going to see the ceremony gosh darned it, and we sat in the chapel and I gave William a stern talk.  I doubt that it made an impact.  Anyhow.

The reception was at B&B's house and it was stunning.  I went to RPM in the morning, while Sam took pj's to the house in the morning, so I didn't see the preparations, but it was gorgeous.  And I'm officially giving myself a pass for all of our wedding's perceived shortcomings.  Just saying...  anyhow.  We had the best time.  And the boys went to bed at 8 (Patrick) and 9 (William).  The cutest thing was during dinner, there was music playing, not the band - just music, and William decided that he couldn't sit still and wanted to dance.  So he marched out to the dance floor all by himself and just started jamming.  I could not have been more proud.  He is such a cool kid.  He danced 2, maybe 3 songs like that.  In front of everyone.  Not a shy bone in his body.  Of course, when the band played Brown Eyed Girl and I wanted to dance with him - there were "too many people".  So, we danced in a corner with his head on my shoulder.  He was tuckered out.  Sam and I danced the night away.  Laura was a stunning bride.  Absolutely gorgeous.  And so happy.  Really - just put a smile on everyone's face.

before the rehearsal dinner

OH!  This picture reminds me.  A humongo THANK YOU to M&G for coming down on Friday to keep the boys during the rehearsal dinner before heading to Callaway on Saturday.  I was having a serious freak out about having to get a babysitter and they saved me from that.  I was literally not going to go to the dinner if Patrick's teachers weren't available to babysit; I just couldn't bear to leave them with someone unfamilar.  Just couldn't.  So, yeah.  THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!  It was nice to have a night without worry and just have a good time celebrating a great couple.  I'm sure much more has happened in the past two weeks, but besides me starting a new job -  I can't remember any of it.  I am really enjoying the training so far and my group is fantastic.  LOVE my new boss.  She's the bees knees for sure.  So - life is good.

the two cutest boys in bowties that ever did live... 
i can't tell you how hard it was to get this picture though!!!


No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails