Saturday, January 19, 2013

My little old men

We've barely taken any pictures (literally seven pictures since the park pictures - oh the shame)  and I can barely remember anything that has happened in the past however too many days since I last posted.  This will be interesting.

Patrick slept through the night one night this week (well, he slept from 7pm to 4:30am - which totally counts in my book).  Of course, I had to get up at 2:30am to be at work, so it's not like I got to enjoy one ounce of that.


William is still having very rough mornings.  I have no more ideas on how to improve them, except for making every day "donut day", and I'm pretty sure his teachers would kill us for that.  I hate leaving crying babies at school.  Breaks my heart.

Patrick has added 'night night' to his vocabulary.  And he is just as obsessed as William was with the book "Goodnight Gorilla".  Pretty sure I could do that one without the book.  Though, truthfully, there are very few words in it, so that makes it pretty easy.

This is what he will look like when he is 70... minus the paci.. I hope... haha!!


We got rid of Direct TV a week ago, and besides not being able to watch the current season of Downton Abbey (TRAVESTY!!!), we have not regretted it one bit.  We never watched any show on the right night anyhow, so the day delay doesn't matter, and with HULU & Netflix - we have a crazy supply of kid shows and movies.  William's current favorite - My Little Pony.  We are thrilled not to be watching the SAME episode of Super Why for the 70th time.

We had our first official by a real photographer family pictures taken today.  I have agonized for months over outfits, and she loved them!  Thank goodness.  Hopefully the pictures turn out - I'm still not entirely sure all four of us will be in a single shot - but fingers crossed.  She's amazing.  Kate Whitmore.  Go call her now.  I can't wait to see them.  They boys were so good.  Well, as good as can be expected.  Patrick just wanted to wander around without taking a picture with the family. And William, was, William.  Sixty miles a minute.   The whole time.  ha!


I know it's a boy thing, or maybe it's just a kid thing, but they both LOVE being naked.  It's kinda funny.  Patrick doesn't put up a single fuss about bathtime.  He usually runs to the bathroom to double check that we've started the water and then runs to their room to get his clothes taken off.  I don't know if I mentioned this, but he is excellent at following directions, and one of his favorite 'chores' is putting his clothes in the hamper.  He's so proud of himself, and loves the high five afterwards.  Then he runs to the bathtub.  If, by chance, the bath isn't ready, you can pretty much bank on him teetee-ing on the floor.  All boy.

Both boys are in a serious mommy phase, which I don't mind except that they usually both want me at the exact same time.  That's a little complicated and usually gets ugly.  And now that I think about it, both want to eat their meals sitting in my lap.  That's complicated too.  I guess it just means that I don't get to enjoy my meals.  Oh well.  There are worse things than cold food.  It's not like I'm a Five Star Chef or anything. haha

William wanted nothing to do with photos before church.  Stinker - the bow ties were so cute!!  I should've taken pictures the Sunday he wore a tie and Patrick a matching bow tie... Best laid plans.

We are fairly certain that Patrick has been working on some teeth... I can see them on the top but they just won't pop through.  For a couple nights - those stinking teeth were the bane of our existence - but I suppose they've settled down on their movement for a bit - because he's sleeping better now and no longer making us give him IBprofen & Tylenol around the clock.  Kid is going to be 2 years old and no need for a dentist!!  But he is starting to get some hair in the back - and it's definitely strawberry blonde just like William.

Sam and I are playing "The Great Big 2013 Rumer Weightloss Challenge".  I'm pretty jazzed about it.  I like a good competition.  And the super cool awesome spreadsheet I made. :)   We have until the end of March to see who loses the biggest percent.  There's a cash prize.  Which isn't really THAT exciting since we have a joint checking account - but by the end of March there are a LOT of things that will probably be on clearance at GAP that I most certainly NEED.  Don't mess with me when it comes to GAP.  I am going to win.  Mama needs new clothes.  LOL

Loves.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails