Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Get 'er done

Once again, we have taken ZERO pictures of William.  AND I didn't write down any funny things that he said.  So we'll see how this goes.  I'm exhausted and my brain isn't working, but I'm afraid if I don't post now, I won't do it before baby.

Only 7 days left.  And I guess, technically, now we are closer to only 6 days.  That is bizarre.  I still can't quite wrap my head around the fact that we are going to be a family of four, there is going to be another sweet little boy in our house, and we are starting back at the beginning with all the newborn-ess.  It's a little surreal.  We are absolutely excited to meet the little pumpkin boy, but I guess I've gotten so comfortable with life the way it is now, that I don't exactly know what to do with the MAJOR change that is coming.  I *might* have been in a slight bit of denial this whole pregnancy.  But, on the other hand, millions of women (and some of my friends) do it every day, so surely I can manage as well.

Ok - mini time-out time.  William is calling for Daddy from his room going on 10 minutes now.  But Daddy just left grocery shopping - so I'm off for some snuggles.  Snuggles that will only delay the crying but will make him happy in the short term.... be right back................................Well, that didn't go TOO badly.... three songs, a little rocking and he only cried a little bit.  Easy cheesey.

So yeah.  I've just been trying to figure out how we are going to handle everything, and I think the real answer is that we are going to wing this time around just like we did with William.  So far - William has turned out just fine and we managed to keep him alive and relatively well-fed... so there is success in our madness and we're sticking to it.  haha!

In other news, I got to experience my first Braxton Hicks contractions - and I don't know why they say they are painless - because they HURT.  A lot.  And they didn't let up.  Seriously - the first one I had last night tortured me for 15 minutes... We called the doctor.  Luckily, my doctor is the one on call, so it was easy cheesey.  I took a shower, because dammit, if I was going to have to go the hospital my hair was going to look good :) and they let up for a little bit but then just continued off and on for over an hour.  Then disappeared.  In the meantime, the doctor called me back and the contractions were probably due to dehydration.  I just hadn't had enough water yesterday.  Believe me, I've been throwing them back today!  So that was an adventure.  Figured it wasn't anything serious when they weren't timeable, but still.... had us both a little uneasy.

I'm really not sure what else to blog about.  William spent the night at B&B's last night, kinda like a dry-run for next week.  Showing them how to do the pick-up routine, his new room, etc.  Apparently he ate 3 hotdogs and lots of pears at dinner.  He has a super ugly rash/chaffing in his diaper area.  I had to make an emergency trip to his school with diaper cream to make him feel better.  He was saying "it hurts" which was just pitiful and a little surprising, his vocabulary just keeps expanding!!  I had no idea he knew "hurt".  Anyhow.  His obsession with Chuggington is starting to make me crazy, but I think I mentioned that before.

So there you have it.  Super exciting stuff over here at the Rumer's house.  Sorry about that.  Next week will be more interesting for sure.  But not TOO exciting - actually - I'm kinda hoping that most of it is run of the mill easy cheesiness and we'll just throw in a super adorable chill newborn at the end.  That's what I'm hoping for.  But, my BP was 142/80 when we checked it at home today... so who knows?! :)


No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails