Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Birthday Weekend

We did it!  We traveled clear across the state to Cleveland with two children!  I remember mentioning to Daddy, while I was still pregnant, that I wanted to spend my birthday with them and he thought we were crazy to consider it because Patrick would be so tiny.  But we figured it couldn't be that hard, afterall, we had survived traveling with William as an infant, and he was a terrible traveler!  How bad could it be?! ha!  We did have to stop once both ways, to feed the baby, and the passenger made numerous turn arounds to fetch juice, cars, and pacis, but on the whole, I would consider it a major success in Parenting 200.

Patrick's first bath

In other news - I am now 29.  One more year until I will be in my thirties and I am way excited.  I'm tired of being in my twenties.  I'm ready to embrace a new decade, one that will not involve memories of acting a fool 6 out of 7 nights a week like in my early twenties, and not necessarily proud of every single one of them....  Ha!  Though - it WAS fun times.....  And my twenties gave me my sweet husband and two wonderful boys...but still...I acted a serious fool.  :)   So, even though everyone I know thinks I should be dreading and stalling the next year - I can't wait.  My thirties are going to be great.

Sitting happy with Mima

The weekend in Cleveland started Wednesday night.  I busted it all week to make sure the house was totally clean so we didn't come home to a dirty house (ick) and I packed the boys, myself, and threw Sam's stuff in a bag.  I had pizza ready when Sam came home, he packed the car, , and we were off to Cleveland before 6pm.  Patrick blew out his diaper and then decided he was hungry an hour later, so we stopped at McDonalds so atleast William could burn some energy during the detour.  He then also pooped his pants, so it's a good thing we were stopped awhile.  We made it to Cleveland just before 930 I think.  William was beat and went right to bed.  Patrick woke up again and we watched the second half of Modern Family and the first half of Revenge (which looks awesome btw).   Good times.

William is surprisingly good at chasing the ball and kicking it

Unfortunately, something about traveling or the bassinet really pissed off Patrick and he was up every two hours that night.  We got naps the next day though, so all was good, and there were blueberry muffins from Costco to make it better as well.  I heart those muffins.  I could probably survive on those muffins alone.  I think the weather was a little wet, so we mostly played inside and watched movies on the big screen.  William loved it of course.  When Daddy and Sara got home from the doctor - it was pizza night - they moved it since my birthday dinner was Friday and we can't miss pizza.  Meredith and Kalin came from dinner, and it was super fun.  William ate SEVERAL slices - so proud.  :)

He chased a golf ball under the pitch back

Friday I took two naps since it was my birthday.  I think Sam went fly fishing.  Patrick ate slept pooped and William watched movies and played outside.  My Dad is super awesome and spent all afternoon making me roulagen for dinner (cube steak with bacon, mustard, horseradish, and onions) - absolutely delish - he's the best.  And then I had two pieces of cheesecake Sara had made for the occasion.  Super awesome again.  It was a great lowkey birthday.  I stayed in shorts and a tshirt all day.

Birthday kisses and cheesecake
 

Saturday we went to the Creamery to get super fresh chocolate milk and to see dairy cows.  Unfortunately, William was in a super awful mood and didn't enjoy anything but playing with the miniature barn, and screamed when we had to tear him away from it.  Patrick slept through the whole thing.  I'm fairly certain that after that it was more of the same.  William played outside and watched movies, Sam fly fished, I took a nap, and Patrick ate slept pooped.  In the afternoon Grandmother and Aunt Karen and Uncle Tim came to meet the baby.  Tim had brought a remote control airplane that could take off/land in the water - William thought it was the greatest thing ever.  We don't see them often, usually just holidays, so it was nice to spend some time.  All in all, it was a great relaxing weekend.  And we only went to Wal Mart once - which might be a new record for us.  OH!  I did go get a pedicure with my sister.  My feet were ugly, but after a sugar scrub and a serious razor session, they are pretty again.  Maybe next time I won't go 2 years in between... ha!  And Georgia won the football game! yay!!

Playing the piano at Omi's

Sunday morning we went to Mom's for breakfast and playtime.  Yum Yum French Toast.  William had a big time playing on the hill and was in heaven with the balance beam.  The kid loves to walk on the edge of anything - so funny - so this was right up his alley.  It's going to be fun to see him play with on the hill just like we did when we were kids.  My dad built it all over 20 years ago and it's still just as fun.  Though the treehouse seems a bit smaller than I remember.... ha!  In true William form he let us know when he was ready for a nap by being obstinate and down right ugly, so we left to put him down and pack everything up.  We were leaving after naptime this time around so we could be home by dinner time and give Sam some time to relax before going to work Monday morning.

Walking the balance beam with KK

The drive home was about like the drive up.  We had to stop at McDonalds to feed the baby and change diapers.  The only difference was that William was awake the entire time and he kept dropping his juice.  I made Sam ride passenger this time, because I was so tired of turning around every 17 seconds to pick up something on the way up.  He didn't enjoy it too much but I think he might appreciate the seat a little more now.  :)

Pretending to go night night

So it was a wonderful birthday weekend.

My two beautiful boys.

Loves.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails