Thursday, November 24, 2011

That's cute.

I can finally squeeze a moment out to post and I have almost no idea what has happened.  I know I use to get this feeling slightly when it was just one, but two - wow.  I am sure that at some point I will get used to it - but that point is not now.  Though, dinner has been ready very close to 6pm the past week, so we are getting better at it obviously.  It helps that Sam is no longer on conference calls all evening.  But we still need to find time to take more pictures - I'm hoping once we get the routine down - we can get back in the groove of 500+ pictures a month.  Because, seriously, the boys are THAT cute.

William really likes to help bake

William is starting to use the "little" words that make sentences make sense.  Like "is" and "the"....  It must be a parent thing - but we think it's the cutest thing ever.  He's also started saying "that's cute" - so we might also want to consider using different adjectives.  It's really funny when he picks some random box at the store and says that it is cute - not even sure what it was - but unless a red box is cute - he was a little off on that one. haha

One of only a couple documented Patrick smiles

He mastered saying 'please', so we moved on to 'thank you'.  We work on one at a time so he doesn't get overwhelmed and he can learn the appropriate times to say the correct word.  Well, he has now mastered thankyou - or "tanks" - so now we are working on "yes m'am, yes sir" and there is nothing more adorable.  It's only been a week or maybe several days at best, so he doesn't no when to say it yet, but if you ask him to - he will repeat it.  Hopefully we will have a very polite and courteous little boy very soon.  

This stinking lawn mower has no bells or whistles but it is the LOUDEST thing - it is on my list to hide it in the attic for a month or two - it grates on my every nerve! haha!!

His teachers take him to visit the baby often during the week - which is so sweet - and I had no idea they would even do that, let alone fairly frequently.  He gets really excited and asks to see "Tatrick".  Ms Neddie loves it.  She is one of the sweetest most geniune people I know and I am so glad that she is now in charge of William's side of school (Twos, Threes, & Pre-K).  She is an absolute joy.  She's the one who insisted that the boys have their school pictures taken together and made it happen, even though it took two trips to have them both happy.  (and the pictures were awesome!!  really need to get them scanned so I can show you!)

sshhhh - we Patrick a Bumbo for Christmas - don't tell him

Patrick is doing great at daycare.  He has his teachers Ms Tonija & Ms Talithia wrapped around his finger.  They've got him on a predictable three hour schedule, though he doesn't sleep as much as he does at home.  Guess he has more to do there - playing with the big kids and all.  And there is nothing like the super humongo smiles I get in the afternoon - always so happy.  Such a sweet little boy.


Patrick has developed a food sensitivity though apparently.  He now reacts to all foods on the "do not eat because your child will scream with gas pains" list.  This was discovered after Ms T called me asking to bring gas drops on Monday because he hurt so much and couldn't settle down to sleep.  So I take my lunch at 10:30, run home, and run to the daycare.  And then I realize that I had broccoli for dinner the night before...  Well, shoot, that's my favorite vegetable.  You know what's also on that list?  Garlic.  Yep.  Everything I cook has garlic in it.  Guess when I realized that one?  After I made Honey Garlic chicken last night - 3 tablespoons of garlic.  So - Patrick got a bottle while I waited 12 hours for the garlic to leave my system.  I made it 10 before my boobs revolted and demanded to be pumped.  We gave him that milk at 4am and I think it was ok.  But ugh.  I should probably spend some time with the "do not eat because your child will scream with gas pains" list to make sure I don't hurt him anymore.  It never ends.

I look over from the kitchen one morning and William started dancing to the song his bulldozer plays

Though, it seems like the reflux might be calming down, but who knows really....  As soon as we say he's spitting up less - he ruins two of my shirts and his sweater - and he hadn't even eaten recently...?!  I wonder when spitting up ends.  Probably as soon as teething begins and then he'll be drooling constantly - come to think of it - he has been drooling a lot in the past couple days... oh no... haha!

I just barely got in there in time to get this one - William wanted to sit and hold Patrick

So - we are headed to B&B's today for Thanksgiving lunch and then tomorrow after I get off work, yep - no vacation days, we are off to Cleveland to see my family.  I am pumped.  I haven't seen everyone in two months I think.  It should be good - I'm excited.  Now if we can just make the trip with both boys sleeping and not having to stop to let one play and the other eat - we will be good.  I'm shooting for leaving at 8:00 to try and make that happen.  Though, I think that there will be three of us asleep at that point.  I'll do my best to stay up to amuse Sam, but that's my bedtime, so it's going to be a struggle.

had to take a picture because dogs on babies' feet are entirely too cute not to document

Loves!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails