Friday, December 2, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Thanksgiving this year was just like last year.  Thursday at the Rumer’s and the weekend at the Kennedy’s.  Instead of giving a lengthy play by play of the week’s events, which were super fun, I’m going to just list off what I’m thankful for.  Hopefully it won’t be boring, but if it is, there is always next week to look forward to… and cute pictures of the babies to distract you....






I am thankful for Patrick’s smiles, William’s hugs, and Sam’s kisses.

I am thankful for parents who taught me how to be a good parent by making me learn the hard lessons the hard way.

I am thankful for ham.  I love ham.  And also Sara’s vegetables.  I had more veggies on my plate this year than ever before, and I cleaned my plate.



I am thankful that the boys’ have grandparents who love them more than I love ham.  And will play until with them until everyone is blue in the face.  Or red from physical exertion.

I am thankful for cute boys in cute matching outfits.  I can’t help myself.



I am thankful for the roof over our heads, even if I’d rather the roof be in a different neighborhood.  Our house is perfectly sized and exactly what is right for our family.

I am thankful for brothers and sisters who can make me laugh and hug my neck.


I am thankful for sleepy well-behaved babies on long trips in the car.

I am thankful for the incessant chatter from a red headed mini-person.  It is adorable, even if it never stops.





I am thankful that Patrick is continuing to nurse and that going back to work hasn't killed the milk.




I am thankful for in-laws who will gladly take the tornado for a couple hours on Sunday to play outside.

I am thankful for my running shoes.


I am thankful for a good job with peeps I love and work I enjoy.

I am thankful for red wine, dark beer and the occasional Diet Dr Pepper.

I am thankful for some of the world's best friends, who love me even when I'm ridiculous.

I am thankful for my (somewhat delusional) husband who still thinks I’m beautiful after making two babies.



Loves.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails