Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Eve!

Every Christmas Eve we go to church at St. Paul and then dinner with the family. Dinner is always vegetable soup and cornbread. Always. (I had to learn how to make vegetable soup - and I don't even really like it - that was an interesting endeavor for sure) The past two years, we hosted Christmas Eve but realized this year that our house isn't big enough to have that many people and try to manage the baby on top of that. So - back to Bill & Becky's house.

My favorite part of the church service is singing Silent Night at the end by candlelight. And I have to admit I got a little teary eyed this year. I'm not sure why - probably has something to do with it being William's first Christmas, etc, cheesey mom stuff. ;)

And he did really well during church, considering it was pretty much bedtime. He loved looking at all the people and at one point I swear he was making eye contact with Buddy, our preacher. He was a bit of a handful to keep entertained, but he didn't cry and even started cooing and laughing to delight of the sweet people in front of us. I can't wait for next year when he is a little more cognizant of what's going on. (and can sing Silent Night with us - watch out for the tears then definitely!)

So - Merry Christmas Eve! I hope you're spending it surrounded by your most favorite people!!


Loves.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails