Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Elmo on Elmo

Two days ago William wanted nothing to do with the potty and we were fine with that.  Yesterday, William decided he wanted to sit on the potty an try to go teetee.  I think it had to do with him catching eye of the treat bag and he couldn't have one unless he sat on the potty.  He didn't have to really go either time, but he did sit and read an Elmo book on his Elmo potty seat.  He even understood about pointing down so the teetee goes in the potty and he did manage to get two drops out.  We are still VERY far away from for real potty training - but this is such a big jump - we will take the progress!!  It's funny how precise he is about how things are done - meaning - he wants to do it all himself; moving the stool, placing the Elmo potty seat just so, scooting back, getting his book.  It's funny really.


Contrary to what Patrick's teachers may think - the kid LOVES the water.  (Walked in to school this morning and they had video with the waterpark sprinklers to show me of Tat just screaming .... so strange - I think it was the shooting water)  Bath time has become a super soaker event.  He splashes and he splashes BIG.  Instead of trying to control it - I just pulled the shower curtain so the water wouldn't escape the tub.  Of course, William didn't understand why Tat could splash that big but he couldn't, so I pulled shower curtain over farther and hollered for Sam to get the video camera.  They were having such a big time together.  I just can't get over how much they enjoy each other.  No wonder people have more babies - such joy.


Sam always manages to get sick on the weekend or holiday.  I don't know how he does it - but he is never down for the count on a weekday when I can go to work and the kids can go to school.  This time he has Strep Throat.  Neither of us have had it before.  Apparently it really sucks.  And it's really contagious - so he was quarantined to the back room all day.  That left me with two very mobile and antsy children.  I'll be honest, I wasn't so happy about it in the morning.  I might have even given Sam a little attitude about him being sick all the time... ha.  Just pay back for all the comments he's made about my "weak" immune system...


I took the boys to the park in the morning so William could ride his balance bike - he's actually getting pretty good at it all of a sudden - and Patrick "wanted" to swing.  I think I caved on the 'no-tv' rule just because I didn't feel like arguing with a mini person about it.  I even felt a little bit like the nap whisperer for a second when both boys went down for naps at the same time.  Patrick only slept long enough for me to load the dishwasher and scrub the shower though.... I got the kitchen mopped by throwing puffs at him to eat.  He is loving puffs every bit as much as his brother did now that he can get them to his mouth.  I was in a better place about the quarantine by the afternoon and we all just played and played.  Tried to take the boys outside to play on the "island" (blanket) but of course it started raining as soon as we get out there and I have the only two year old in the world who wouldn't want to play in the rain.  Silly kid.  All in all it was a great Monday holiday.  Love those two boys so much.


I am going to brag on myself for a minute - it's my blog - I do what I want - haha!!  No, seriously, last Friday I read my goal of running 6 miles.  I've been working towards this since January.  Well, technically, my first goal was a 5k and once I hit that, I turned my focus to a 10k... And I did it.  In 1 hour and 14:55 minutes.  I will totally take it.  I'm not running for speed.  I, quite frankly, wouldn't care it if took me 2 hours to run 6 miles.  I just want to finish. I am so proud of myself.  Sam wanted me to quit running when I got pregnant with William, I was just up to four miles at that point, and I never quite got back there by the time I was pregnant with Patrick - and then I was just nauseous all the time...  New goal - 8 weeks of making 6 miles feel good and then working towards a half marathon for the rest of the year.  Oh, and I definitely want to run the Callaway Twilight 10k in November.  I am for sure going to need new shoes before that though, mine are 3 years old - I'm pretty sure the running gods from on that!! haha!!


Loves.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails