Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Just another (ear infection) week

I think I might die.  (and I have a feeling that I've written that phrase WAY too many times on this blog...)


Over the weekend pepito's congestion, runny nose, and coughing got worse and it was interrupting his sleep, so first thing Monday I called the doctor's office to see if they could recommend anything that would help alleviate some of his discomfort.  They wanted us to bring him in and had an appointment for late afternoon.  Sam took him because I had a lab exam (I made a 93!!!) and it turns out he has a double ear infection.  Again.  They gave us a prescription for some more antibiotics and baby Claritin to help with the faucet nose.  He wasn't in a particularly bad mood on Monday, so it was a bit of a surprise about the ear infection.  But something about giving that kid medicine turns on the lightbulb that he's sick and he's been in a mood ever since.



Two days of nearly non-stop screaming and crying regardless of what I do to try and make it better.  And I'm not completely callus (sp?), but I can only manage to sympathize for about an hour of listening to make-you-crazy-screaming before I just can't handle it anymore.  Too bad for me, that one hour is followed by another eight to round out the day.  I know he feels awful and he doesn't like the medicine and he doesn't like drops in his ears, but seriously, what am I supposed to do?!  At best, I can distract him for 3 minutes, at worst, I'm crazy.  I don't know how much of this I can handle.  Well, I guess as much as he'll throw my way because I am his only option, but yuck.  I'm kinda hoping he gets one more ear infection really soon and the doctor insists we put tubes in his ears.  Just saying.


It's kinda funny though, now that he is officially a crawler, he follows me around the house screaming at me, just so I never forget that he's sick and his ears hurt.  Maybe only funny in an ironic way.  Or maybe not funny at all.  Depends which moment you catch me in.


Crawling news - he desperately wants to crawl into the bathroom, which is never clean.  Yes, I am THAT person.  I will clean the rest of the house seventeen times but despise cleaning the 5x8 bathroom.  Whatever.  But, I let him come in the other morning and he tried to figure out how to catapult himself over the lip of the tub.  I could see the wheels in his head turning thinking about it.  I guess maybe we do need six more baby gates.


Burnie is beginning to tolerate William more.  She's taken up residence in one of our club chairs and he'll crawl over, pull himself up, try to pet her, and she usually obliges.  Though, I think he pulled her tail the other day and she was noticeably pissed at him for the rest of the day.  Hee hee.  She has no idea what's coming when he's on his feet running after her constantly.


William is going to Grandaddy's & Mima's for the long weekend, and if they weren't saints before - they will have earned it by the end of the weekend I am sure.  I am so looking forward to sleeping through the night, uninterrupted conversations with Sam, and quiet for 3 whole days.  I hope ear infection William doesn't ruin these trips.  The fact that I only have to make it through another day and a half is sometimes the only thing keeping me holding on to sanity.  Bless them.

Loves.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails