Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Squeezing This In

I feel like I should probably try and squeeze in a post before Father's day weekend, even though I'm exhausted and I doubt we've taken a lot of cute kid pictures since Memorial day, but here goes nothing.

I am getting very pregnant.  I keep being surprised by how pregnant I am in pictures.  I don't find the heat too bad though, even though everyone and their brother wants to comment on how terrible it will be to go through the summer.  Most of the time, I don't think I am any more miserable than the next person, but then I get the weird sweat lines under the ginormous boobs and above the ginormous belly, and I admit that I'm a little miserable.  Just a little.  But so far, I've got it pretty good.  I'm no longer sick and the heartburn/reflux hasn't really kicked in.  So, except for my belly hurting from being stretched to not even the max, this whole pregnancy thing isn't so bad.


I especially enjoy feeling him kick.  And he does it a lot now.  It's fun.  And he really only likes me.  He stops kicking for my friend at work and Sam even.  Makes me feel atleast slightly special, because William is in the middle of a serious Daddy phase.  And I don't feel special.  Hopefully, he'll grow out of it.

I don't know how he discovered this, but he just decided one day that he wanted to ride Daddy.  poor Daddy had made many, many laps around the room this week.

The tiny potty has been a super fail.  He hates it.  But the other day he did want to sit on it for a brief moment, until he realized that I would let him sit on the big potty and if he asked "nicely" then Mommy would sit on the tiny potty.  He thought that was funny.  We will take the small step though.  Guess next on the list is a mini-potty seat and a mini-step stool.  Fun.  Kid can't tell us he needs to potty but we're moving slightly ahead anyhow.  Mostly because we keep getting notes from his teacher that he asked to sit on the potty at school.  I would be fine if he wasn't potty trained until 3 but I suppose he has other plans.  Yay us.

oops - forgot to mention he got a haircut I think.  and while he IS very handsome with his new short hair, I was definitely a little more upset than I thought I would be about him losing the curls.  it is still a constant struggle to get his hair to lay flat though - I kinda wish Sam would just give up.

Sunday he was an absolute two year old.  Contrary for the sake of being contrary, and literally refused to listen to a word I said.  He didn't do anything for me.  I was beyond frustrated and had to keep calling Sam in to get him to do the tiniest things.  We sent him to bed early that night because, by the end, both of us had had enough.  Amazingly, he slept until 7am.

excuse the blurriness - he would LIVE on Publix spinach & artichoke dip if we let him.  and it's getting to the point that I might actually consider it.


He ended up going to bed at 7:00-7:15 on Monday night and we had to wake him up at 7:30am to go to school.  So - we are in the middle of an earlier bedtime experiment.  This morning he woke up at 6:45 - not fully awake - but making a little noise.  I only noticed because I've been getting up earlier to take a shower.  We'll see how it goes.  Because he has been waking up at 6:30 when he goes to bed at 7:30 - so I'll let you know what happens.  Everyone at work thinks we're crazy for having an early bedtime - but it totally works for him.  And I don't mind the time at night to pretend to decompress.

running outside.  as always.  with his super hero sticker from school.

William had a super mini Crunch bar after nap on Sunday and the kid went nutso crazy.  He had a serious sugar high.  It was hilarious.  He was literally bouncing everywhere and into everything.  Note to self - no more chocolate.

why doesn't the truck work in the grass mom?

He is back to being a super picky eater.  And he has an unhealthy obsession with chocolate milk.  He didn't even ASK for juice for three days.  Though I think I heard somewhere that chocolate milk has less sugar than apple juice, and since that works for me, I'm not going to bother to look it up and see for real.

always a happy boy in the morning.  I love that he is a morning person.


I have sewn 75% of the crib bedding and it is looking super cute.  Just need more solid blue for the crib ties, two uninterrupted hours to sew, and it will be good to go.  Well, except I still have to decide what to with the three yards of adorable quilted gingham.  I keep flipping between play blanket, crib quilt, and crib sheet.  I have no idea.  It will probably sit in the bed, folded up until he gets here and then I'll freak out for no reason at all and sew something in twenty minute nap time just to have it done.  That's reality.  Oh well.


Bedtime routine has changed yet again.  He still wants to read books and sometime sit in Mommy's lap for songs, but then he has to lay on Daddy's shoulder while Sam sings Jesus Loves Me.  It's sweet.  He says Daddy's turn and holds his hands up.  Such a sweet boy.  Well, unless he decides to skip Mommy song time for just Daddy, and then I don't think it is AS sweet.  Just saying.


he was convinced that the kitty was after his milk.  he ran away saying "No! Mine!"



I still have to figure out what to do for Father's Day.  I have several ideas, but no idea how to get them done sneakily.  And Daddy - I totally meant to mail your Father's Day card to Florida so you would get it there before you went scuba-ing....but I didn't.  Sorry.  :)

but then the kitty let him pet her tail - so they were friends again - sort of

Loves.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Ava will not drink milk unless it strawberry flavored. I buy the powdered NesQuick because it has less sugar than syrup and lots of good vitamins and minerals. William is growing up so fast btw!

Unknown said...

I actually looked at it this morning - the syrup has practically no sugar compared to juice. I think it was 4g compared to 28g. Strawberry sounds like fun though too - might have to throw that in the mix!!

He is growing up so fast!! He's asking about the potty - SOOO not ready for that!! ha!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails