Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Memorial Day (part 1 of ?)

I am right this second trying to decide between doing this post purely from pictures or to make the extra effort and write a real blog post.  We went for a walk this evening after dinner, even though it was still very much in the super high 90s (probably 100 actually...), and my belly hurts.  So I think I'm going to compromise for cute pictures and fun captions - sound good to you?  I hope so because that's what you're getting.

I suppose I'll preface the pictures by saying that Sam and I both took Friday off because it was our FIFTH ANNIVERSARY (yay us!) and it would make the long weekend into an extra long weekend.  Props to us for getting married on a holiday weekend.  We are oh so smart like that.  So, we headed up to my Dad's house Thursday immediately after work.

Um...yeah....so I just went through all the pictures we took over the weekend - and we certainly made up for lost time.  I'm pretty sure that 30+ pictures in one post would bore you to tears - so I'm going to break it up.  And if didn't bore you - it would most certainly be cute overload.  I'm looking out for you really.  I don't care how long it takes to upload pictures....ha!


for some reason we thought it would be a good idea to bring the gigantic car with us, because we had all this "extra" room.  turns out he discovered that Grandaddy K would push him and he didn't want to use his own two feet.  so, we transported a plastic car clear across the state of Georgia to sit in the garage.


it was pretty icky Friday morning but William still wanted to be "outside outside".  I swear we heard those words more than anything else that came out of his mouth.  


He was really enjoying the strawberry cupcakes that I won in a cake walk at work on Thursday, but by the time Sam got the camera to the kitchen he wanted out of his chair.  He also spent a good part of the weekend asking for "cupcake"  -  not spoiled at all!! haha


William LOOOVVVEEESSS Bosco.  And Bosco is sweet enough to put up with him.


William is very sweet and gentle with Bosco.  He couldn't understand why Burnie didn't want the same attention when we got home.  It was funny to watch him try to be sweet with Burnie, and when she did reciprocate his affection, he would get mad and swat at her.  Then she would swat back and they would have to be separated for the good of the order.


He wanted to "push" the wagon all by himself.  See the cows in the distance - that's where we were headed.  He did get some help from Grandaddy going up the hill, but for the most part, he was very strong and determined.


"AIRPLANE!!"


I honestly can't remember what Sara was making but I do remember that William turned down the bowl and I attacked it.  It was yummy and sugary and delicious.  William enjoyed licking the beater though.


OK.  There you go.  Eight pictures of the weekend to get you started.  The beginning of a very fun weekend in the mountains.

Loves!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails